01 November 2011

you are rejoicing over me

beloved,


 it's jane here! or boom titi. or quaker J. 
whichever you prefer. 


I feel like we are meeting again for the first time. 
so much has changed these past three months... three months? 
that's it?! 
it feels like I have been in college for at least a year or so. 
crazy.
yes. 


so, three months have quickly gone by. 
what have I done with the time the Lord has given me and what have I learn? 
well, just hold on tightly and join me in this crazy journey we all like to call college life. 
(I should probably insert a sentence here about how I will make this post short and sweet and to the point... you, me, and the Father both know that's a far stretch. but not to be alarmed. as always, I will only share what He tells me to).


okay so where to even begin? 
ah yes... I want to introduce you to some new faces.
be warned- 
they are pretty awesome





                      



one of my biggest worries about leaving behind my friends and coming to college was that I would not find a sense of community, where I would be held accountable and pushed in my walk with the Father.
since day one, the Lord has lavished love and joy through providing these relationships. 

one of the reasons why it feels like I have been in college longer than just three months is because I have grown so close to these precious friends. 
it seems like we have known each other forever. 
so cliche to say, right? 
but those words couldn't be closer to the truth! 

this leads us into what I have learned in college thus far- 

intentionality:

two words to explain intentionality is action and purpose
when we approach relationships, we are to be proactive in having meaningful conversations about the matters of our hearts
no more skimming the surfaces with questions like 
"how was your day?" but more importantly, asking questions like "what has the Lord taught you today?" 
it has been a blessing to see these friendships grow through Christ and I literally cannot wait to see how much deeper these friendships will grow a year from now. DIG.

thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in 
triumphal procession
and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere; 
for WE are the aroma of Christ to God. 
 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

Gracious Provider, 
thank you for these friendships that you have placed in my life. 
may I never cease praising you for them. 
may I cherish these relationships, 
yet not hold tightly to them because these are relationships YOU have given me. 
may I offer them back to You for they are Yours, not mine. 
may You be glorified and uplifted. 
help us to continue to grow together in You so that Your name may be lifted high at this campus, in this country, and around the world! 
to You I give my praise. to You I give my everything.


servant hood

if I then, Your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, 
you also ought to wash one another's feet. 
for I have given you a example, 
that you also should do just as I have done to you.
 John 13:14-15

in humility, count others more significant than yourselves. 
let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also 
to the interests of others. have this mind among yourselves, 
which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though He was in the 
form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be 
grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the form of 
a servant, being born in the likeness of men. and being found 
in human form, He humbled himself by becoming obedient to 
the point of death,even death on a cross! 
 Philippians 2:3-8

being a servant of Christ consists of 
being humble, looking to others needs, and being obedient to the Father, in every big and little way possible. 
whether it's washing the dishes for my roommates 
or picking up trash on the sidewalk, 
one of the most effective ways to show others Christ is through serving others. 
through loving them. 
through honoring them. 
like Christ does to each of His children. 



protecting:


My son (and daughter), be attentive to My words; 
incline your ear to My sayings.
Let them not escape from your sight;
keep them within your heart. 
For they are life to those who find them,
and healing to all their flesh.
Keep you heart with all vigilance,
for from it flow the springs of life. 
 Proverbs 4:28-23


guarding my heart. 
it has been much easier said than done. 
I have little words to say other than He is teaching me what this truly looks like and how all my 
joy 
fulfillment 
satisfaction 
is only found in HIM. 




set apart:


therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, 
set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 
but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in ALL your conduct. 
 1 Peter 1:13-15 


but know that the Lord has set apart the 
godly for Himself;
the Lord hears when I call to Him.
 Psalm 4:3


as followers of Christ, we are called to be set apart from the world. 
we are to look different from the world we live in.
not just on sundays and wednesday, but 
every 
single 
day. 


this does not come from our own strength, but through His. 
for in our own strength, we will always fail. 
but in our failure, He always, always prevails. 
may we be set apart in our thoughts, speech, actions, attitudes, conversations, and love for one another. 
this is the Gospel. 
this is meant to be lived out. 
may we not lose sight of our calling that we are to be PURE. SANCTIFIED. 


for when we are discouraged, we do not lose heart. for day by day, we are being made new. 


therefore go out from their midst, 
and be separate from them, 
says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing;
then I will welcome you, 
and I will be a Father to you,
and you shall be sons and daughters to me.
 2 Corinthians 6:17-18






Father, though what is suppose to be the most 
selfish 
season of life, may I never lose sight of my calling as Your daughter.
as a servant. 
although I may fail, you are always triumphant! 
I submit these four years of college to You. 
may Your will be done. 
Your will. not mine. 
here I am, willing, use me! 








bless

No comments:

Post a Comment