25 November 2011

go broke

as many of you know, my sweet Kels is in Zambia for the year serving our Father. her recent blog update has blown my mind and convicted my heart. 


I have no words other than- Praise the Father, He is greater!


check it out for yourself:  http://kelsweeks.blogspot.com/2011/11/expectation-is-root-of-all-heartache.html


these words from Kels is how I desire to spend my time in Tuscaloosa. to forget about how my "good works" look to others, but to abandoned it all for the sake of His name. 


For two seconds i got wrapped up in how all this made me look and forgot the reason i came here in the first place. I came because God called me here. God called me to come and glorify Him. 

Perhaps God had me come to Zambia so i could learn that im incredibly impatient, im disgustingly selfish,  embarrassingly ungrateful, spoiled rotten, obsessed with image, relying way too much on myself day to day and not enough on Jesus. Perhaps God brought me to Zambia to use this family to show me that all i need is Jesus.



Kels, thank you. for your obedience. your honesty. your love for the Father. although you are half-way around the world, you are pushing me in my walk with the Lord in ways you will never know. I love you, Kels and am praying for you always. 


But thanks be to God; who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere. for we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. who is sufficient for these things? for we are not, like so many, peddlers of God's word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak Christ. 


Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 2:14- 3:6






bless

No comments:

Post a Comment