25 June 2011

One Pure & Holy Passion

Beloved,


Forgive me for my blog-silence lately. I can NOT believe that summer is half way over.... say what?? This summer has proven to be the best one so far and the best is just to come! Since the last time we've talked....





This picture always strikes a chord in my heart. My precious 1st graders from VBS have a little place in my heart designated for them. Their innocence and love is contagious. 


My boys- Bo and Jay. My favorite quote from the week was when Bo stopped me on our way to Rec and asked me in the most serious & precious voice, "Do you think Jesus eats pie in heaven?" Being the "adult" in the situation, I held back my laughter and said, "Well, Bo, all good things are in heaven... so yea it is definitely possible!" His response? "If you think about it, Jesus would get fat eating so much pie and that's not good. No, I don't think pie is in heaven." Guess we'll all have to wait and see if sweet Bo is right! 


Beautiful Cameron. My little China doll.


The LAST graduation celebration with Marti and our Mommas. A lot of food & a lot of laughs. 


My sweet roommate, Morgan, invited me to the lake for a weekend. This weekend, the Lord truly allowed us to open our hearts up to each other and I feel like I have known her my whole life. One word to sum this weekend up- THANKFUL.




One thing I love about summer- it provides many opportunities to pull innocent pranks on people. This by far is probably the best one yet. Can you say "sticky notes" anyone?

Scottie Dog with all the stickies from his car. He is such a great sport! Our senior prank= success! 


Marti and I have already gotten a taste this summer of what the phrase "poor college student" means. Since there is not much to do in BHAM without spending money, we decided to take a little hike at Moss Rock. Little did we know that we would end up lost for 2 hours. Any regrets? Absolutely not. 


Progress.


So we might have took over Scott's office a little. Happy Birthday Scottie Dog!

The SKY and sunsets are one way the Lord truly reveals Himself to me. I find myself stopping whatever I am doing and just being completely surrounded by the Lord's presence. Picture's can never do this justice. 


Today, I FINALLY met sweet Lexie Bice. With only spending 3 hours with her, I could see straight to her heart and let me tell you.. it's pure beauty. Love you sweet girl!


This past couple of weeks have been full of memories and love. I am beyond thankful that the Father is giving me a blessed summer with the people I love. I am truly trying to cherish every moment because everything is about to change- just like the Lord wants it to. 

Coming up- New Wind leaves this Monday for choir tour!!!!!! New York, anyone??? The closer it gets, the more excited I become. It is amazing to think that while we have been practicing and preparing here in Alabama, the Lord through the Holy Spirit is working in the hearts of people who we will be ministering to in New York. What an awesome God we serve! 

PRAY-
  • That we would have a boldness to speak out about Who has completely and forever changed our lives. 
  • That Satan would not get a stronghold during this trip and that we wouldn't believe the many lies he will feed us.
  • That our hearts would be pure and have one eternal purpose for going on the trip.
  • That our selfish desires and complaints would be absent and that our minds would be focused on what we are there to accomplish through the Holy Spirit. 
  • That our attitudes would mirror our Saviors- to serve, not to be served. (Matthew 20:28)

I am so excited that we have this opportunity to share the Lord's love and light in a very lost and dark place. I pray that He would use us to change lives for eternity- forever and ever, amen! 



Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words (Romans 8:26).




Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me on magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after You

To grow as your disciple in your truth
This world is empty, pale, and poor
Compared to knowing you, my Lord
Lead me on and I will run after you! 





For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written- How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news! (Romans 10:13-15)










bless


No comments:

Post a Comment