05 June 2011

bama bound indeed

Short and sweet. 
I promise I will make this blog just that.


Just a few things....


First off, I just realized today that New Wind is just a few weeks away! We are still getting choreography down & trying to finish everything for tour! Please join with me in prayer that our choir as a whole will have one single-minded purpose and that is to share the Gospel and to serve, love, and treat people like Christ would. Pray for clicks to be broken down and that our love for one another would be another way to point others to Him. New York, we can't wait to meet you!


Today, the Lord gave me another little reminder that I am about to pack up my things and leave in a few months. When leaving choir, I was greeted by this lovely creation-








My sweet sophomore guys, showing me some bama bound love.
See how this is yet another reminder? (James you are a GOOB)


I believe the Lord continues to remind in me subtle ways where I am headed, in order for me to prepare my heart for what's to come. It's weird because more than anything I am so ready to get started at Bama and see what ministries and people I can invest in. On the other hand, I'm extremely sad. I am realizing that everything really is a last for me. I pray that the Lord will continue to prepare my heart for the "see you laters" I am going to have to go through.


The last thing I want to leave you with is this John Piper quote that has been really convicting and on my heart lately-

Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there. The gospel is not a way to get people to heaven; it is a way to get people to God. It's a way of overcoming every obstacle to everlasting joy in God. If we don't want God above all things, we have NOT been converted by the gospel.






bless

No comments:

Post a Comment