03 February 2011

blessed to be a blessing

Beloved,


Here I am! I'm back! I'm sorry for the long period of silence and not updating since November- man that's a long time- but I assure you I have oodles to tell and update you on! As all of you know, November and December is the craziest time of the year, which happens to be my favorite time of the year. The past couple of months have been filled with Thanksgiving, Senior events, Christmas parties (eeps! I love any reason to wear a Christmas sweater), scarf swaps, Shady bonding, precious family time, fun adventures with friends, and most importantly the celebration of my Savior's birth.


I also have started my LAST semester as a senior in high school... woah. I cannot describe in words the multitude of emotions that come along with graduation being so close in sight- we'll save this for another time!


Right now I am preparing to serve in South Africa over spring break with a group of 25 adults and peers. I am BEYOND excited for this opportunity to spread the Gospel and to love like Jesus. Along with preparing comes immunizations (needless to say, I have felt like a pin cushion) and meetings with our team. If I could have it my way, we would be leaving.. right about now. With that said, only THIRTY-FIVE days until we will be on a plane that will land in Capetown!


Lastly, this past weekend my youth group had our D-Now. What an amazing and humbling weekend it was. I also am going to be saving this for my next blog post (which will come MUCH sooner than 3 months I promise!) because I am still processing all that I've learned and what I am going to do with it. I can't wait to share how Christ changed my heart and outlook towards those in need in just one weekend. What an awesome God we serve!


Since this catch-up blog post has been rather vague, I will let some pictures  fill in the gaps! (since a picture is worth a thousand words... and I don't know that many:))







Those of you who know me know that I LOVE my Needtobreathe. This was my eighth concert to go to and let's just say.. they get better each time I see them! The next time I see them, they will be opening for Taylor Swift in Nashville! (this will be my FIRST road trip as a college student with NO adult chaperon... EEP!!)




Lace also shares my love for NTB. It's always a joy to see her- even if it's just for a second! I LOVE my sweet Lacey and this is my favorite picture of us:) 


My girls and I patiently awaiting to see Bear, Bo, Seth, and Joe! We're basically their biggest fans- no doubt!



Another perk of being a Senior is fun Shady gatherings- like a little flag football action on a beautiful Sunday afternoon! I am thankful for my Dutt Butt and learning from her! I love you Kbaby.



I love my sisters. I'm thinking MVPs, for sure.



My beloved Anne Grace. We have been best friends since second grade and seriously have been through so much together but have turned out closer because of it. I love her so much and can't wait to be in South Africa with her!



Enjoying one of our last football games at Hoover! This also is when Madeline joined the roomie club! I am thankful that the Lord sent her to us and can't wait to share a bathroom with her! (i'll clean the shower, you get the toilet:))


First experience at Sip and Strokes was well.. quite an experience! Loved being creative with my sweet friends! (Lacey def won the most creative award)


At the Hoover championship game, cheering on the Bucs with DJ DIXXX and Emily. Last Hoover football game= surreal.



Shady senior progressive dinner!! Thankful for my Shady girls!


After the scarf swap (Emily rockin my scarf... hollaaa) 


Our family Christmas party! This night included Dirty Santa (this was interesting), yummy food, and precious time together. I love my family!


My big bro, Will, graduated for the University of Alabama from Construction Engineering. So proud of him and love him dearly! (weird to think that in 4 years I will be in his shoes, graduating for UA...)



Will and my sweet sister Maria celebrating their first Christmas together! They are pros at decorating a tree!



My sweet Daniel finally came home after his first semester of seminary at Wake Forest, North Carolina. I cherish every moment given with him and miss him dearly.


CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!! One of my favorite day of the year!


My first WHITE Christmas! This is our little snow man that lasted a good few days before melting away... :)


So the Shady seniors decided to have our own Wednesday night service and went to Veteran's park. This was a time of worshiping, sharing, and bonding. I love my Shadies!


My sweet, beloved Kels. I have loved walking with her and keeping each other accountable. Truly a blessing from God and let's just say we balance each other out quite divinely :)


Our last Father/Daughter dinner! It's crazy to think that this was the last Shady dinner with Pops. So thankful to have a Godly father in my life!


This picture is the definition of redemption. It's amazing how Christ reconciles His children back to each other and most importantly, back to him.  



Our last Sadie Hawkins dance in our khaki pants. Once again, another reminder that the end is drawing near. 



These last few pictures were taken by our beloved Core leader, Kaylie. This was a joy to dress up, drive around down-town B'ham, and feel like models:) I adore my core group and cherish our last semester together... no stop.


I will give much of myself to those who need much.


“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought
   and never fails to bear fruit.”


pure joy. pure love.





bless

No comments:

Post a Comment