05 June 2011

a full heart

A double whammy post comin' at you yall!
okay that doesn't even make sense.
what I meant to say is since I couldn't post yesterday, I shall blog right now about yesterday AND today. holler.


If you can't tell I'm in an amazingly amazing mood. why is the reason for my perfect mood? well, continue on and you'll soon understand.




YESTERDAY-


was extremely stressful. from cleaning the house, to getting my car worked on, to running about 35690 errands with my pops... not to mention it was 500 degrees outside.


although it was a crazy day, it was definitely heart-filling for 2 reasons.


Reason 1- In the middle of my crazy day I was able to have lunch with my two sisters, role models, mentors... take your pick. I seriously can not explain how much I love them. Although some college peeps are too cool to share some Milo's with an upcoming freshman, these ladies find it no bother at all. Our topic of conversation included graduation, me finishing the book Vessels & Flowers (for all of you out there who know what this book is, I am a basket/daisy. This was not a shock for Rachie because she is quite familiar with my silly personality), and on a more serious note, they gave me priceless advice for college. From visiting churches, to friends, to clothing, they covered  all the bases! Why did I not bring pencil and paper to write all of it down? Good thing Jenny is going to type out a list for me :)


My heart is overwhelmed just knowing that they love me for me and want me to learn from their experiences. I love these sisters so much and when I count my blessings, you know they are always near the top! And if this lunch couldn't get any better, leave it to me to wrap it up with a fabulous ending. Well, I don't know if you would consider spilling your drink all over yourself and your friends when you are about 2 feet away from the trashcan fabulous, but it gave us and everyone at Milo's a good laugh so it was totally worth it.


Rachie and Jenny- thank you for investing your time, wisdom, and love into me. I thank the Lord that He is using yall to shape me to become more like Him. Rachie, I can NOT wait to start our bible study this summer and know the Lord will use this sweet time to grow both of us. Thank you for having a willing heart to spend each week with me in God's word! Jenny, this summer will not be the same without you! You will be missed terribly but we shall reunite in August when your done with summer school! I love you both dearly.




Reason 2- CORE PARTY!! anytime those two words are together, you know it's gonna be a great night! We decided to branch out and try a new restaurant and well, me and Laur branched out a little too much. Note to self- when at a Mexican restaurant, always always get Mexican food. period.


After dinner, we went to Wal-Mart and got smore supplies! (everyone made fun of me when I suggested we make smores... after they thought about it for a sec they changed their minds) So after Wal-Mart, my amazing driver for the night somehow got us lost. Check it out for yourself- http://yfrog.com/2t55yz And here's us being found-  


Once we all made it safe and sound, we wasted no time and got done to the food. Didn't we already eat? You may ask. Why yes, you are correct. We're girls. What's new? Our lovely Kaylie made us fabulous smores with the combination of a good JLO movie and we are golden.


I love these sisters dearly and am thankful that I have been able to share my high school time with them. It's crazy to look back and see just how much we've grown. I love each of you and just because we are all going different ways does not mean our core is splitting up. Once a core, ALWAYS a core.








TODAY-


After cleaning the house and getting everything ready for family, it was finally time to celebrate graduation! It doesn't get much better than family and some Jim N' Nicks BBQ! It was a BLESSING to spend the day with my family and laugh until we couldn't breathe. The Lord has given me such an amazing family and I don't know what would I do without them. To all my family members, thank you for taking time to celebrate my graduation. Your support and prayers mean everything to me! I love each of you dearly!




On top of a graduation party, I am blessed to say that my parents celebrated their 28 year anniversary! I cannot believe the Lord has given me such amazing parents who show me what a godly relationship looks like and how to build a house on His word and truth.


Mom and Dad- I could never say thank you enough for all you do for us kids. When you dedicated each of us to the Lord, you kept your commit to Him and to each other and have always instilled the word of God in each of us. I know our family is not by any means perfect and we still have growing and learning to do, but ya'll have done a wonderful job raising us and I pray I will be able to follow in yalls footsteps one day. Who knew that yall would be saying that all your kids have been called to different aspects of ministry? You each have invested and given so much love and for that, I will forever be thankful. I love you and happy anniversary!






I told you they raised us well!


28 years and still laughing!

   
 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Ephesians 5:22-24












bless

No comments:

Post a Comment