01 June 2011

hello my name is: HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE.

Hello beloved. My do we have some catching up to do! Since the last time I've blogged...


  • I received my last high school yearbook! Shout out to my home girl, Ms. Editor herself- Lacey Quinn
  • Finished my LAST day of Hoover High School... still crazy to say this.
  • Graduated from Shades (I am still not okay with this)
  • Attended 9 graduation parties for my precious friends (now do you understand why I've been so busy??)
  •  Saw my friends graduate from high school
  • Had both my brothers & sister home for graduation! (if you know me, you know this is a BIG deal for me)
  • Became a high school graduate & a college freshman all in one night.
  • Attended BAMA BOUND with my roomies and registered for my classes! (missed you Madison!)
  • Moved Will & Maria up to Louisville, KY
  • Prayed over Daniel (via cellular device) as he travels to South Asia for 12 days with his fellow seminary students.
  • Spent Memorial day morning with my mentor, Rachie then with my Shady Seniors at the park, and finished the day with my bestie Laur
*hint- click on the words in this color... just an easier way to show pictures :)


Okay, we are FINALLY caught up to today. First off, I am joining my soul mate's, Lacey, goal to "blog everyday that I can..starting NOW." I want to be able to look back at this summer and remember all the sweet moments I was given to cherish.


Today was a busy, busy day. After running rando errands I met up with my sweet friend, Marti and we got back into our usual summer routine- Moe's & the student building. We spent time with Kbaby, sweet Heather, Rachie & Mere, and Andy Pants. We spent most our time moving around desks and bookshelves for Dutt Butt... yea we love her that much.


Tonight was movie night with the gals! This time we actually watched TWO movies and no one fell asleep! (yea I'm talking to you MK...).











Tonight reality really hit me hard. Taking a break from our movie, my sweet friends talked about their suite and all the details that go into it. It was really hard to sit back and watch them plan out their next stage of life... without me. The only comfort I find is knowing that this is how the Lord has set up these next four years to be. Ecclesiastes 3:4 is really on my heart tonight- there is a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance. Now, I pray that our last summer together will be our time to laugh and to dance, knowing that shortly the time will change.


Speaking of times changing... in less than five hours, I will be signing up for my freshman year football tickets!! It excites me to know that the next time the Tide rolls out, I will be in the stands cheering them on. (although I'm extremely sad that Ingram won't be around...) 






Well, that's all for now folks! Oh and roll tide :)












bless

No comments:

Post a Comment