24 August 2011

only be strong & very courageous

beloved,


tomorrow is the first day of class of my first semester of college. say what? I should be resting up for the big day, but as always I can't sleep. too much excitement. so I thought I would take this time to play catch up for a second. 


three words- move. in. day. this was the day I drove 40 miles down the road with my whole life, well not all of it- I can't bring all my precious loved ones, but most of it. surprisingly, move-in day went rather smoothly. I had the honor of being the first roommate to move in and let me tell you- I was running up and down the hall of our dorm because I was THAT excited! (I might have been yelling like a little child too...)


my sweet parents stayed with me and worked SO hard. they stay until 8:30 that night because that's how long it took me to get my room all settled. did I mention how awesome they are? So with all that being said, let's take a look at my new "home" shall we? 


The "movers" just basically threw all my stuff where any space was available.








shout out to my top dawg- Rachie for the Africa canvas (and for giving me endless ideas for my room) and my bestie- Lacey for the AWESOME, homemade pillows! 


Calvary lovin'

I had the blessing of attending Calvary Tuscaloosa on Sunday and man, am I thankful! it's crazy to say this, but I have found my church home while in Tuscaloosa! crazy, huh? everything from worship, to the message, to discussion groups, McKenzie Courts, to the opportunities I have with life groups and the WELL, to amazing awesome loving accepting people who love Jesus- I was quite overwhelmed by how the Lord made it so clear to me that this is where He wanted me to be. I literally am filled with JOY knowing that He has planted me somewhere that I will not only be poured into, but somewhere where I can pour into OTHERS. 

a wise friend of mine once said "Don't be a bottomless cup that is always being poured into but never OVERFLOWS into someone else." 

that is my heart. my desire. that while I am being poured into that I won't be a bottomless cup. that by the overflow of my heart that I will pour myself into others. I truly believe the Lord has called me to Calvary to do this very thing. 

this also was the day that I met some pretty awesome people. when I think about them, one of my favorite verses comes to mind- 

BELOVED- if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (1 John 4:11)

love. that's it. they loved. unconditionally. without hesitation. I only pray that I will look to others and LOVE them like they have loved me. like He has loved me. 

so far, I have loved this new stage of life. not to say it hasn't been hard or lonely at times. it has. but I press on finding my confidence in Christ- the One who has called me here. 

As tomorrow begins my real first day as a freshman- I am encouraged by this passage in Joshua. (this was the same passage my dad read to me the day I moved in). 


Joshua 1:1-9 

After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord, the Lord said to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, "Moses my servant is dead. Now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, into the land (Tuscaloosa) that I am giving to them, to the people of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, just as I promised to Moses. From the wilderness (the Quad) and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun shall be your territory.


No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you.


Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.


this is my comfort. Father, be with me tomorrow where I go. help me be strong and courageous. take away my fears. keep me from being dismayed. only to be strong and very courageous. in You. 





bless

No comments:

Post a Comment